What is new in the iPad 2? iPad 1 vs iPad 2
The iPad 2 differs from its predecessor the iPad 1 in:
- iPad 2 is 33 percent thinner and 15 percent lighter than the iPad 1 (iPad2 is 8.8mm and 601g while iPad is 1 13.4mm and 680g).
- The iPad 2 contains two cameras — one rear-facing (720p) and one front-facing (vga).
- iPad 2 has a A5 processor that makes it up to nine times faster than the iPad1 that has a A4 processor.
- iPad 2 measure the intensity of the screen touches.
- iPad 2 has a 720p HD video recording.
Note that both iPad 1 and iPad 2 are similar in:
- 9.7 inch multi-Touch screen.
- Available with 16, 32 and 64 GB
- Wi-Fi Internet access (802.11 a/b/g/n)
- 10 hours of battery life.
- Can be charged during use.
- Available in black or white.