How do I apply for a merchant account?
Using a merchant account, a business owner has the ability to accept credit cards in virtually any retail environment, including the Internet.
To apply for a Merchant Account, all you have to do is first submit your info to the Merchant Account Provider you want to work with. To sign up, you will need:
- Business Contact Information (mailing address, website URL, phone and fax numbers)
- Ownership Information (owner names, addresses, phone numbers, social security numbers)
- Business Federal Tax ID Number (or Employer ID number, if any)
- Business Bank Account Information (account number, voided check, bank name, address, phone number)
- Two Business Trade References (name of company, contact person, phone number)
- Nonprofit Organizations: IRS 501(c) Exemption Letter (If applicable)
- Copy of Professional License (if applicable)
- Current Merchant Account Processing Statements for the Last Three Months (if applicable)